- The Valley of the Clueless. The German public sphere and the Euro crisis.
- Models of Subjectivity for Interpreting the Crisis. A Contribution to William James’ Analysis of Emotions and Consciousness.
- Precarious lives: the production of subjectivity in the contemporary society
- Austerity in Discourse: An EU/US Comparison
- Capitalism and Social Cohesion
- Democracy Disfigured
- Media, Cultural Industry & the Crisis
- Political or Economic Crisis: Quid Prius?
- Senza categoria
- Social Theories Interpreting the Crisis
- Social Transformation, Economic Crisis and the New Dynamics of International Migration
- Subjectivity and the Crisis
- The Current Crisis from the Perspective of Gender
Archivi categoria: Media, Cultural Industry & the Crisis
Meeting the crisis engenders the question, “who is the subject capable of attending the meeting?” As writers like Franco Bifo Berardi note, contemporary capitalism induces a series of pathologies in the individual and social body. At the same time, the … Continua a leggere
In our presentation we will analyze an “archetype” of the American Cultural Industry. As a social myth and psychological character, the Trickster/Gangster/Broker embodies traits that the dominant culture represses. As a mode of being a man, he offers a road … Continua a leggere
“Miracle of the Markets”: How Mainstream and Elite U.S. Media Business Journalists Covered Economic Crisis in Europe
In the past twenty some years we’ve witnessed incredible shrinking of the media diversity in both ownership and content. As few as ten transnational media conglomerates own nearly all media in the United States and this is important because media … Continua a leggere
This paper thinks about citizenship and media in the context of the recent “financial crisis,” and the role of a collapsed real estate market in the crisis. Specifically the paper examines the transformations and recent legacy of what the author … Continua a leggere