- The Valley of the Clueless. The German public sphere and the Euro crisis.
- Models of Subjectivity for Interpreting the Crisis. A Contribution to William James’ Analysis of Emotions and Consciousness.
- Precarious lives: the production of subjectivity in the contemporary society
- Austerity in Discourse: An EU/US Comparison
- Capitalism and Social Cohesion
- Democracy Disfigured
- Media, Cultural Industry & the Crisis
- Political or Economic Crisis: Quid Prius?
- Senza categoria
- Social Theories Interpreting the Crisis
- Social Transformation, Economic Crisis and the New Dynamics of International Migration
- Subjectivity and the Crisis
- The Current Crisis from the Perspective of Gender
Archivi categoria: Capitalism and Social Cohesion
“Fordism” has been used in different disciplines – politics in the first place, but also economic and social sciences – as the key concept to understand labor organisation and industrial relations at the core of the “Age of Extremes” in Europe, the USA, … Continua a leggere →
Nowadays capitalism evolves in the middle of a deep economic crisis which includes both internal contradictions and an open and somehow new conflict with nature. There is no place for doubt about this. Yet, Marxist theory suggests that there could … Continua a leggere →
This paper focuses on the post-crisis work policies in the EU. One of the main problems particularly for advanced countries when emerging from the economic crisis of 2007-2013 is that they find themselves in the midst of a jobless economic … Continua a leggere →
Why do Scandinavians indebt themselves far more than Germans or Italians? In this theoretically driven paper, I try to answer this question, describing how different welfare regimes interact with the general rise in inequalities and weak labor prospects. I use Baumol’s cost-disease theory … Continua a leggere →